A Nice Video from a Workshop

An unusual subject - they don't make 'em like used to; or do they! A bit of run-out on the turning bits, but hey, horses for courses.

I like it :)

John

Reply to
JC Morrice

Seems this video is taking a trip around the world. :-) Really fantastic, worth looking at!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Fascinating, thanks for posting that.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Looks like his little spot welder was made from a leather rivetter?

Reply to
Jordan

Mr Flemming would be proud of him!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Brilliant and fascinating, thanks for that. The "sooty" flame was for stress relieving? Spooky, I look VERY like him.

Reply to
Richard Edwards

On or around Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:32:03 +0100, Nick Mueller enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I saw it in the shedde.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In article , Richard Edwards writes

Yes, and also stress avoiding: if you blast a small area with a very hot flame at the outset, it could well crack. When you have finished, ideally you would bake in an oven for a while for stress relief, but a few minutes letting down the temperature in a gentle flame is a reasonable substitute.

(Used to dabble a bit in glass blowing in my distant past, not that I was ever in this chap's league).

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Jolly interesting. Thanks for the link

Rod

Reply to
Rod

In article , David Littlewood writes

Ah - I *thought* that was what appeared to be the little oven with the electric elements, was for. He quickly put, and suspended, glass items in it fresh from the torch. Thanks.

John

Reply to
JC Morrice

Fascinating!

Any idea what metals he was using? I presume something like Nichrome or Kanthal (or poss. tungsten?) for the heater element, but what about the other bits & pieces?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Reply to