Aldi Air Compressor

Hi,

Did anyone pick one up?

I figured what with all the painting for the sub coming up, I could save a good couple o' quid by buying 'normal' paint and then using it to spray it on....

However, seeing as this is the first air compressor I've ever bought (or even used for that matter) I feel a bit out of my depth....

I've bolted on the wheels, remove the air intake on the side and fitted the filter. However I'm a bit puzzled by what the red plastic 'bung' with two O-rings does...Do I remove the cap in front of the cylinder (just behind the regulator if your looking at it from the front) and insert the red thing instead?

I can't see where else it would go.......

Cheers,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Yep. Can't look at mine right now, but it sounds like the oil filler bung, the other one is probably just for secure shipping. Not that I've even bothered checking the oil in mine, let alone topping up.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Yes, but don't forget to put oil in via that hole first and bring it up to the level of the little red circle on the sight glass. The sight glass is below & to the right of the regulator.

The leaflet says to use SAE30 oil, but I've been a devil & used 15/40.

I overfilled it at first & so drained some off. What came out looked a bit "swarfy" so I drained the lot & refilled it.

Regards,

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Graves

"Michael" wrote in message news:el%Fh.10294$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Thanks Chaps,

I checked the oil and it's above the top of the red circle and seems to work very well....

Cheers,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Well the manifold was broken on mine but they are going to send me one, after a long wait on the helpline - apparently nobody could find the spec for the oil - RTFM say I.

Andy Andy Parker, Agate House Lapidary Ulverston, Cumbria, England snipped-for-privacy@agatehouse.co.uk

Andy Parker

I was one of those who failed the reading test for the oil type.- Doh! In a reply email from Omegawolf they said 10w40 was an equally acceptable oil. Soa at least I learned something new to pass on.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin