Aldi this Sunday Tap and Die Set

if its anything like the last ones they gave us ..

its will be quite good quality .. =A314.99

note the split dies ..

and m3 to m12

metal case and thread gauges

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

i didn't bother ..

they were advertised as split dies .. metric split dies is what I'm lacking .

they weren't .

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

I've bought similar sets to this in the past, and would be very surpised if they were split die - usually find they are die nuts. Also the quality of the taps is usually mediocre - I'm afraid that sometinmes saving a few quild on something like this is a bad bargain if you later end up scrapping a piece of work that tyou have investid time & effort in just to have a tap snap off. Buy one good quality set and it should last for ages (I've had a set made by PRESTO in around 1970 and its still OK, i've only had to replace a couple of the smaller taps (3 & 4mm) ever! Mike

Reply to
MikeH_QB