Any of the old crowd still here?

Indeed it was. The converter and motor are still going strong running my compressor. Might an old bridgeport motor been involved too? or someone else might have had that. Quite when it was I'm not sure, but likely to be more than a dozen years. You were still running the launderettes and driving a 200 series Volvo estate from memory.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Launderettes passed on to Eldest son, who is in the process of flogging the last one at a huge profit (for him!) - that Volvo 240 Estate was superb - was originally my company car, I bought it from the lease company, ran it for several year up to 167,000 still on the original clutch, and sold it for

It wasn't a Bridgeport motor with the shaft sawed off was it? I thought John S had got that for me, but it may well have been you. Either way I bored and extended the shaft, made a new front bearing plate and am using it to this day :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes it was sawn off. I got the motor from work when it was replaced because the keyway was badly worn from the opposed cone variable speed drive. My father then had it from me (as he had 3 phase in his workshop and I did not) and shortened the shaft for some application he had. When he died it passed back to me as well as the Aerograph compressor. You and I swapped motors and yours powers the compressor in my garage. I had a bunch of capacitors from a UPS harmonic filter ex work some of which formed part of the deal for your converter.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

It just shows the power of the internet - even then :)

And that converter went to the late Tim Leach of Dutton Dock, but he must have sold it, as I later saw it on eBay on offer from another seller (not Tim) !!!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Plus a few...

Reply to
RustyHinge

I used to infest URG a lot in the past. I can reassure you that Urglers seldom bite arrivals.

Each-other may be a different matter...

Reply to
RustyHinge

Oh good! You're never really old until you know of nobody older than yourself.

I will have to look out though - I remember waving to Spitfire pilots as they returned from ops, sometimes you could see sky where none should be...

Reply to
RustyHinge

And not only is the clock ticking for me, I've moved into horology restorationand construction.

Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer

Quel Horreux

Reply to
RustyHinge

I'm still about, still making stuff. Not popped in here for a while. Not been to see John S in a while either and he's only 15 mins up the road. Stuff just gets in the way About to have to move the workshop (and the house - though I think that's simpler...)

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson