Anzani model

Yesterday, I bought a working model of an Anzani Brevete three cylinder radial engine. You can see various pictures here

Despite extensive searching, I can find out nothing about the model on the Internet & as it has a serial number and is based upon some quite nice aluminium castings, I'd be surprised if it was a one off. Aspects of the model suggest it might be thirty or forty years old - but I might be quite wrong, of course.

Any information that this forum can give would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

A quick google of "Anzani model engine" throws up plenty of results

Jason

Reply to
jasonballamy

I think it is this one:

That Heinz Kornmüller once sold the castings, but I didn't find them on his page now. AFAIK, he imported the castings from the USA. You can send him an eMail and ask him. He's a very kind fellow and speaks English too (I guess).

HTH, Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

There was a build article in Strictly IC for the Anzani engine. I may even have the relevant issues, so will have a rummage through them later, but I'm sure they used a set of casts.

Are you on about the WD19 5AY as being the serial number? That's the post code that covers No.s 1-10 The Hoe, Watford.

Reply to
moray

Have just found the article, but it's for a different version of the Anzani. It's one with the three cylinders all above horizontal (lower two are 18 degrees above horizontal), and it was made from the builders own casts.

Reply to
moray

Have you asked Ron Chernich?

Cheers

Mat

-- Myford Mat

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile:

this thread:

Myford Matt

Matt,

In fact there is an article in memory of Les Chenery on the first page which mentions him producing plans for a 1/4 scale three cylinder Anzani engine.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Thanks to all who replied, I feel a lot better informed now!

"Moray" said < Are you on about the WD19 5AY as being the serial number? That's the post code that covers No.s 1-10 The Hoe, Watford. >

Does the postcode mean anything to anyone? I just wondered if the engine came from Les Chenery's estate as he died in March. If so, I'd like to know before I try to track the previous owner down & go blundering in with insensitive feet.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn