Anzani update

Some here may recall that nearly a year ago I bought a 1/4 scale model of a three cylinder Anzani at a models auction. I know myself well enough to know that if I was ever to hear it run, I'd need to find A.N. Other to fix it to a board, arrange pipes, tanks etc & get it into a state where I might exhibit it as a going concern.

It is getting close to completion now, mounted, tanked, etc. Pipework is underway but the oilpiping is hard to work out - any plans or diagrams would be very welcome. I do have various photos off the Internet but they are not clear.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I take it these are amongst those you have seen:-

The proprietor of Station Road Steam is a pleasant fellow whose name escapes me at the moment and he may have more info even though the engine has now been sold. Probably also worth getting hold of the series of constructional articles that appeared in ME.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks to Nick for the headsup on the Station Road Steam Anzani pics, as mine now has an oil distribution system.

It all looks very well mounted on a teak base with brass & stainless fittings. I'd found it two very nice handed brass tanks with hand pumps for oil and petrol & they are fitted low down on the base plate behind the engine. It now only needs an ignition system & a propeller & it is ready to go ;o))

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Plugs and an HT coil have now been acquired at vast cost! The plugs a £16 each and the coil £28. The distributor cap needed some work & HT leads are being fabricated.

Being something of a beast, we've decided (somewhat abritarily) on an 18" prop. Of course, in modelling terms this is big & no-one keeps anything like it. However, Google was my friend & within five minutes I'd found Al's Models in Bristol & ordered the prop. I thought it was pretty reasonable at £18.00. Should be here next week.

Pass the pixie dust ;o))..........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to