Auctions?

Anyone have any suggestions about where I could find details of forthcoming machinery auctions in my locality (South Hants)?

My searches on the web have drawn a blank.

Mike

Reply to
mike.crossfield

Cut and pasted from an email,. Not quite South Hants, but same end of the world:-

Henry Butcher is pleased to announce the Online Auction of a Selection of Machine Tools, by order of Markyate Precision. For further information please click here:

Sale Closes: Thursday 17th February 2005 at 14:00 UK local time Location of Assets: Hertfortshire, UK Featured in this Sale: ? Boehringer DN570 CNC Lathe ? Richmond 4' Radial Arm Drill ? Bridgeport Turret Milling Machine ? SIP MP 2P & 3K Jig Borers ? Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 4 ? DEA CMM with Renishaw Probe ? J & S 540 Surface Grinder Also available: Facing & boring heads, rotary tables, collets, chucks, cutters, vices, micrometers and metrology equipment. On View: Tuesday 15 February 2005, Mabo House, Hicks Road, Markyate, St Albans, Hertfordshire. AL3 8LH Contact Information: GoIndustry Ltd Veni Naicker Tel: +44 (0)207 098 3727 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7098 3795 Email: snipped-for-privacy@goindustry.com

Usual disclaimers etc.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

That's local to us :-))

Markyate is on the A5 about 6 miles north of J9 on the M1, nowhere near St Albans! but uses the St Albans post code. It's nearer Luton actually...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Selection of

chucks,

Thanks Mark

- exactly the sort of auction I was hoping to get to, but never seem to find out about.

I was hoping someone might have a reference for a journal or website which listed forthcoming auctions of this kind.=20

Mike

Reply to
mike.crossfield

Go Industry is fair start but prices are very variable.

've bought bargains in some of their online auctions in the past but last week there was an auction with a bunch of single phase Myford Super

7's in it. Call me old, mean or out of touch (or all three) but I thought that £2k (inc premiums & vat) at auction for a Super 7 was a bit high. OK, It was a recent machine (1987) but no gearbox and has come from an industrial environment.

Charles

Charles Ping