Blue teeth and burnt chips

When Bluetooth technology entered my world I was intrigued.

Blue Chip has always been a thing passing off the work surface of a piece of steel (I prefer to call it a ribbon, and if it is blue then mores the happiness), and they called it 'reliable'. Slightly off the mark for some aplications but that's what business men said none the less.

The idea was to get the metal being cut up to blue heat and then the cutting edge would be performing work at the most efficient rate. (Please correct me at will if I go off the mark anywhere here.) The chip (Ribbon please, but have it cut off so it doesn't whirl around and engulf the workshop!) would be blue and the metal cut most efficiently, using least energy and with minimal damage to the tool. OOO how I love a bluey!!

Am I now to believe there has been a shift in philosophy and they say you should get your Sandwick going at a rapid rate of knots and turn it's teeth blue for best efficient and least damaging cut? lol, I can imagine those chippies cutting that oak "give it some welly lads, hey Speed on up there and push harder, your tooth aint blue yet mate." Bladdy inefficient sausages!

:o)

The Mind Boggles. Maybe I'm behind the times.

Or has the world of definition gone mad?

(Blue tooth = cutting edge, blue chip technology? Is blue tooth and blue chip best? beyond blue = burnt!)

Can anyone help me?

Or should I contact a shrink?

Reply to
Billy H

Isn't a blue tooth what you get if you bite on a Blackberry?!

Reply to
wrigglymonkey

Billy H