Bluetooth IC

Does anyone have good recommendations for a bluetooth chip to be used in a circuit. We are building a series of Autonomous Earth Movers and
would like to do coordination via bluetooth. Are there any chips are there relatively easy to integrate(ie, not connected by USB), and preferably connect to the handyboard circuit from gleason research. Thank you
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How many of these are you going to put on a desktop.
Bluetooth will barly get to the next room !!!

if you can mount a tower over the worksite you may be able to put a high speed ir reciever on each thing and control em over tcp/ip. maybe get someone with a license to use a low population radio band and do wireless that way, there's some hobbyest channels that require a license, i think 75hz for one.
--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /

Well, in fact there are 3 classes of bluetooth transceivers defined in the standard. The most common has a transmitter of about 1mW, but nowadays you can also find cheap "class 1" transceivers with 100mW transmitters that should have a > 100m free field range.
In the long run, the communications transmitted are more important than the communications. These are going to be model sized(using modified tonka trucks). And will at most, operate over a range of about 100 yards(at most, more likely is 10 yards). Also, they do not require continuous transmission, but rather can transmit information when within range of each other. The information is mostly used to synchronize, not control. The control will be done onboard the individual vehicles. For this reason, we have viewed bluetooth as being sufficient. The problem we are having now is finding an easy(and preferably semi-cheap) way of integrating bluetooth into these devices. The chips I've seen so far have had development environments costing 1000+. Wishing to concentrate on developing the autonomy of these devices, we'd like to minimize the amount of time implementing the mechanics of the communication, and would rather concentrate on the data to be communicated, and how to handle when to transmit.

75 Hz? Wouldn't that interfere with transmissions to submarines? Seriously, it appears you mean some other frequency and band.
----- http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 03:25:15 GMT, Ben Bradley

forgot the M, i remembered that some rc airplane pilots use a licensed frequency, round 75Mhz.
--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /