CAD Programs

As long as you post disinformation dressed up as gospel, people will counter you - and your mediocrity.

Still haven't worked out why this is >

I even gave you a hint - a big one at that.

Here's another clue, and I'm really giving the game away here...

"Hello World"

We can wait.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

You continue to contribute postings of an infantile nature that are nugatory.

Stupid Boy!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

In other words, you don't know - quelle surprise.

Satis verborum

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Indeed, sneering 'n' jeering as Mr.Howard does, in the manner of an infantile woodwind restorer, adds nothing of value to the discussion, and gives neither advice nor help to those who might be otherwise misled astray by the lure of seeming bargains in software prices.

Shame on him!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

You continue to contribute postings of an infantile nature that are nugatory.

You also seem to be under the mistaken impression that I am somehow partaking in your rather silly and childish attempts to initiate an abusive argument.

I am not so partaking. My role is purely that of an amused school-teacher dealing with your infantile outbursts and silly temper tantrums..

Stupid Boy!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Posession of a 2nd copy(Backup) *may* be considered to be an offence as you could show no lawful reason for having it unless you owned the original (although in the case of music the RIAA have secured wins with people who have the original CD)Most software packages don't actually sell the software,you are simply licenced to use it,you don't actually own it. The simple act of having an original disk is NOT an offence though,the EUL covers USE not poession :) It's not stolen property as you do not display "Intent to deprive" although I don't think I would like to be the one trying to prove I had lawful excuse for actually having it but not having the EUL. I get the general impression there is some friction between people and this Bean chap? (I used to read this group some time ago and remember there were the occasional personality clashes)

cheers D

Reply to
Dalton

In other words, there are various circumstances and licenses that permit you to do many things - to a greater or lesser degree, depending on said conditions. This we all know, and no-one would dispute that ( apart from the obvious ) - but it's a far cry from the ill-concieved, badly drafted and erroneously worded statement from Bean that was dished out as 'advice' to all and sundry - which he then followed up with yet more of the same.

If I recall correctly. the RIAA cases were brought against prolific uploaders to the Napster network, thereby following the letter of the law as opposed to the spirit. The effect it had was to decentralise file sharing into P2P, thus firmly ensuring the RIAA will never be able to negotiate a profitable settlement to the whole business of music copying. Wonder who they took legal advice from??

Not really. In order to have friction you have to have something to rub up against. In Bean's case you'd be rubbing up against a vacuum - and you can't have a personality clash with him...he hasn't got one. We do, however, make a charitable effort to educate him - much to his chagrin.

Where's my pint?

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Bean made a general statement. He mentioned neither 'use' nor 'backup copies'.

Reply to
Binary Era

You continue to utter infantile postings which are nugatory.

Stupid Boy!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Hi Mr Bean,

I don't know you but could I point out that acting like a school teacher then using the incorrect prose for *utter* looks a little silly?.Utter if you check the OED is used when discussing the spoken work.We are typing.

It does appear that I have somewhat dropped into the middle of a war zone so will take my leave and look elsewhere for information.

kind regards

Dalton

"Dalton"

Don't disappear. Learn to ignore other peoples arguments

Charles Ping

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:53:34 +0100, "Airy R. Bean"

Donta feeda da Troll.

Reply to
Bill

I am not feeding any troll.

My attempt to warn those who would be otherwise misled by tales of bargain-basement priced software that they might find themselves on the wrong side of the law was not a troll.

My criticism of the infantile outbursts from the woodwind restoration industry was not a troll - let's have civilised and mature behaviour in this NG, chaps!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Stupid Boy

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

That is easily remedied - GO AWAY

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Forgive the rather off topic post.

Could I make an observation Gentlemen? I don't know any of you...but I'm sure you all have different skill sets and between everybody probably a few hundred years of experience.I noted there is one chap who restores woodwind instruments,another who works on clocks,another who does steam etc etc.. Would it not be better to draw on all those different skills to make this group much more useable rather than expend energy on infighting? This Bean chap that it appears isn't so popular,he has a skill,I don't know what but there is something he is good at..would it not be better to use the available time to draw on those skills? For the most part sitting behind a screen making various statements and side snipes serves no purpose...I tend to be more of the school that if I have a problem with somebody I just turn up on their doorstep at

3am,all the hot air and bad feeling behind a screen serves no purpose. At some point somebody here is going to get stuck on a technical issue,£50 says somebody else here will have the answer,now that answer is going to get lost in the ether (white noise) if the general bad feeling continues... A spade is a spade...if somebody posts something you don't like...ignore it..what's the point in adding to the white noise by making 50 posts refuting something? if you really feel aggrieved by somebody...go round their house. As for me...I'm a gunmaker (not a gunsmith) with my foundation in arms and the law.If I can help anybody I will.

Thats about it really...if anybody feels compelled to respond by slagging off anybody else please don't bother.

cheers D

Reply to
Dalton

SNIP....

Quick question for you. What is the shelf life of shotgun cartridges? Have some that must be around 8 years old.

Thanks

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Lionel,

Shot a fox last week with a Gevelot No 3 that I bought in the early 70's & has been in my jacket pocket getting regular soakings & dryings for the last couple of months. Worked perfectly for me - not so perfectly for the fox.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales

John.LloydUNSPAM

Will they discharge...most probably. will they discharge reliably? maybe not. Depends on the filler (powder) many of the nitro cellulose or cordite based charges can stay active for around 80 years or so.(WWII ammo being a good example) A lot depends on the case? Paper,Plastic,Brass? lots of variables..nothing really certain. Gauge also has a limiting factor,the smaller gauges tend to degrade more quickly,the 410 for example may proove to be unreliable past 2 years or so,then you get up to the now defunct 4 gauge,they are good still at around 75 years. Storage conditions make a huge difference...nitro based propellants tend to become unstable if kept in too warm an environment. To give a better answer I'd need to kow what make (headstamp) and type of shell they are:)

hope that helps

cheers Dee

ps:if they are just for the occasional recreactional clay shoot...great..use them(assuming they are not physically damaged) if your life depends on them however...dump them and buy new ones :)

Reply to
Dalton

We can at least cobble together a steam powered gun that fires a round every ten minutes to the accompaniment of 'When the saints go marching in'. I feel we should have it ready for the glorious 12th...we can all make a couple of bob!

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard