Chain query

I'm needing to replace a chain on an old Quad bike, but I'm struggling to find one at a reasonable price (OE one is stupidly expensive).
After measuring the chain, all the dimensions are identical to a BS 5/8" pitch chain, however the plates are thicker, and the rollers narrower (ie. the overall width is still the same).
Will a standard chain work on the narrower sprockets, or does anybody know a source for a suitable chain?
thanks moray

Sounds to me like you have a 520 chain on there, i.e roller width is 1/4" if I've guess correctly? A standard 530 chain has the same 5/8" pitch and roller diameter, but roller width is 3/8". There are plenty of sources out there for a 520 chain, but here's a couple of links to save you googling:
http://www.mandp.co.uk /
http://www.thefastone.co.uk /
Peter

Excellent! Now that I've found the bit paper with the dimensions, the roller is 1/4" wide.
Thanks Moray

A decent bike shop ought to have it, although decent bike shops are a dying breed.
Mark Rand RTFM

BandC exppress are good google em .Depending on the useage on/off road