Blowtorch gas bottles

Other week I tried to get a gas bottle for an old (1960's-ish)small (pencil-like-flame)torch. Found that they no longer make suitable gas
bottles. Okay, no problem, after all, the torch was old.
So, I've managed to found my dad's TAYMAR blowtorch bought a few years ago.
But TAYMAR gas cannister is delisted here:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID 060&Referrer¯fWindow&source¯fwin
Is this a correct substitute?:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID 1722
I know I can get 350g TAYMAR cannisters, but there not commonly available.
Is any butane/propane gas cannister okay which will fit the blowtorch (TAYMAR BT3000 is what I got)? I guess so, just checking. I just want to go in my local B&Q and get a bottle. (Much better than paying 2/3 of total cost in post and handling charges that I've come across).
Add pictures here
✖

they are available in every builders merchant ..
all the best.markj
Add pictures here
✖
RR wrote:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID 060&Referrer¯fWindow&source¯fwin

Yes.
Yes.
I guess so, just checking. I just want to

It's a non-standard standard fitting - there is no official standard for the 7/16 Lindal valve fitting, even the thread is non-standard, but almost everybody uses it.
Sometimes a canister with that sort of valve is referred to as an EN417 canister, but EN417 canisters do not need to have the 7/16 Lindal valve - for instance punctureable butane canisters can be EN417 canisters.
http://uk.ihs.com/document/abstract/RPXXJBAAAAAAAAAA
Apart from propane/butane mixes there are other fuel gases, and gas mixes, available in tins with a 7/6 Lindal fitting, and occasionally they won't work with some torches - but this is rare. Most tinned-gas torches will burn most tinned gases, though eg some torches designed for propane do poorly on propane/butane mixtures.
Afaict the TAYMAR BT3000 is a propane/butane torch, and any Lindal valve propane/butane mix canister should work.
It will most likely be able to use any gas supplied in a tin with a Lindal valve fitting as well, but no guarantees - if it does go BOOM, don't blame me.
-- Peter Fairbrother
Add pictures here
✖
<....>

Probably just find you get a flaming <G>
Add pictures here
✖