Compressor Woes

I have an Ingersoll Rand Euro 10 tank, with what I have now found to be is not an Ingersoll Rand compressor pump on top! In fact I haven't a
clue who the manufacturer is! (There are no clues on the pump!)
I do know that one of the valves broke, was bodged and the bodge has now broken! So I am without compressed air.
Can anybody supply with a spring that is roughly .75" in diameter, about 6 coils of 25 thou steel? That may fix the bodge.
Alternatively, does anybody have a piece of 0.3mm shim steel about 20mm x 40mm from which I can make a replacement valve - I did try one supplier who's minimum order charge was 35 and 17 postage! For that I can almost buy a replacement pump!
Cheers
Peter
--

1989 Defender 90
1990 Defender 110 County (Reggie the Veggie)

Haven't got any 25 thou steel wire, but have some 8thou, 10 thou or 11 thou steel shim stock. My calculator says that .3mm is 12 thou. If you want some "samples" email me a snail mail address...
Regards Mark Rand RTFM
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 23:14:53 +0100, puffernutter wrote:

If stainless will do, you used to get one free with every 3.5" floppy disk... (some disks supplied shim about half that thickness, so search around)
- Brian (make sure the disk isn't a vital backup, though!)