CVA Rear Tool Post

Do the meetings give help on how to overcome the problems that stop us from getting more tools?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Andrew, You do realise that if I attend the meeting and it's near you I will have to pass at least

7 tool stores and auction sits to attend.

I am seeking treatment, one method I'm working on is to drive everywhere in Gert's car instead of the 3.5 tonne truck as it can't carry as much. Although this is a learning curve as I have found that a Peugeot 406 estate can manage to hold just over 1/2 a ton.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

As can a 2CV :(

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

I once got twenty one 3 x 2 paving slabs, the old type, in a mini pickup............

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Reply to
Bill

Not anywhere near, but I did bring a Gardner 4LK up from Worcestershire in a Saab 99 hatchback.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I did say it was a learning curve............

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I put 40 in an escort estate, but I had to take 10 out because it was so back heavy it wouldn't steer - the front wheels were barely touching the ground.

Reply to
bigegg

I am sitting here trying to sort out a plan of attack on a sheet of plywood[core box]. However I got distracted and seemed to have done a sketch of the toolpost..

integerspin

Hi Tim

Did you retain the main gearbox or bypass it to drive the spindle direct with your inverter drive motor?

Regards Ian

In message , Tim Leech writes

Reply to
Ian Cockshull

Kept the gearbox, never considered not doing so. I still use the back gears for low speeds and do change gears from time to time depending on the job. It's more a case of selecting a 'highish' or 'lowish' gear than any particular gear, though.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Yes please I would like to see one in the flesh. How do I find you? Andy Cawley

Reply to
Anzaniste

Andy

Give me a ring on 01780 721675 or email me at foxcovertellis a btinternet.com you know what to do with the at Dic

-- rjelli

this thread:

rjellis