Design Services from India

I have a dsign center in India. Located in Bangalore. I am looking out for jobs such as legacy conversion, reverse engineering of products and concept to engineering conversions. If any of these services are required, pl get in touch with me.

Kiran

Reply to
KIRANBABUA

I have a dsign center in India. Located in Bangalore. I am looking out for jobs such as legacy conversion, reverse engineering of products and concept to engineering conversions. If any of these services are required, pl get in touch with me.

Kiran

Reply to
KIRANBABUA

I have one in the UK. If you want products properly designed and engineered and someone who can jump in the car to see you the same day then get in touch with me. With apologies to the NG for spurious advertising but I wasn't going to let this guy steal my corner pitch .

Peter

Product & Engineering Design

Reply to
Peter Neill

And if you have a decent curry house nearby you can offer the full subcontinent outsourcing experience :)

Reply to
Cliff Ray

All except the fact that you can get half a dozen Indian graduates for the price of one British one, and their production labour costs with overhead recovery is about a 5% of the cost over here 8-(.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

A sad fact of life in the 'West' now. Just about everything East and South of us is cheaper, and getting better every year.

Doesn't work for everything though, and Powergen have announced today they are closing all their Indian call centres and moving the service back to the UK. Story here:

Good news for Bedford, Bolton, Leicester, Nottingham and Rayleigh.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

If I sound a bit bitter you're right, I'm a design engineer, I spent 8 years getting a Masters and have 20 years experience but doubt that I will be able to continue to earn a decent living at it until I retire because the UK industry is dying fast. We already source all our production PCB's, transformers, etc from India and China, battery charger manufacture went to India last year and it's inevitable that more will follow even though we're trying to buck the trend by huge investment in automation to try and remain competitive. But in general the UK's manufacturing industry is bleeding to death and only has a few years left, once you export the production side it's only a matter of time before you export design services too and then what are we left with?, Thatcher's dream of a service economy that adds no real value to anything 8-(.

That's why I've recently got my qualifications as an electrical inspector as a backup career, all the new regulation and the reluctance of older electricians to learn anything new means that it's a booming industry and it can't be exported.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

But bad news for those of us who can understand India's properly taught English but struggle with the ever worsening dialects in the UK 8-)

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Perhaps Heathrow, a one-way ticket, and a new career as an ex-pat beckons then?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill