Dormer 108 Mk2 Drill Grinder

I recently won a Dormer 108 Mk2 Drill grinder on eBay, which seems a nice capable machine, and if the seller had strapped it properly to a pallet for transport would have been an asset to the workshop. In fact he didn't, it slipped out of the pallet wrap that was all that held it, and it arrived smashed beyond redemption and is now only scrap - seller's done the decent thing and given a full refund and dragged the carcass away to a suitable dark hole.

Has anyone experiance of this model of drill grinder - is it a 'good un', and does anyone know of one for sale anywhere?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew

I've got one but haven't used it in anger yet. Wired it up to an inverter and got distracted by everything else. And no, it's not for sale!.

Appears to be a very useful sized machine with a good practical range. I can scan you the manual if you'd like?

Charles

Reply to
Charles P

scrap -

'good

range.

Charles thanks, but I bought the manual from Steve Lilleman in anticipation of it arriving :(

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You've not had a lot of luck with machines falling off things recently!

James

Reply to
James

properly to

dragged

This didn't fall! It was grossly badly packed and got wacked as its delicate bits overhung the end of the pallet !!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hi Andrew Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and of the demise of the poor dormer! I happen to have one sat in the corner of my workshop, which i don't use, if your after another?

Regards Alan

=Andrew Mawson]I recently won a Dormer 108 Mk2 Drill grinder on eBay, which seems a nice capable machine, and if the seller had strapped it properly to a pallet for transport would have been an asset to the workshop. In fact he didn't, it slipped out of the pallet wrap that was all that held it, and it arrived smashed beyond redemption and is now only scrap - seller's done the decent thing and given a full refund and dragged the carcass away to a suitable dark hole.

Has anyone experiance of this model of drill grinder - is it a 'good un', and does anyone know of one for sale anywhere?

AWEM

Reply to
alspeed

Alan,

Yes definitely in the market - would you contact me on andrew mawson.org.uk to discuss?

AWEM

eBay,

Reply to
Andrew Mawson