elcheapo bandsaw and 40mm aluminium

I find myself wanting to cut some profiles out of 40mm aluminium.. I was wondering if elcheapo bandsaws are upto the job with a decent blade and a suitable blade speed?

Reply to
richard

I tryed this with a 2 wheel bandsaw cost about £70. Changed the drive to lower the blade speed and got a 24 TPI blade but although it would cut 25mm ally the guides are not stiff enough and the blade wonders all over eventually throwing the blade off the drive wheel. I havnt looked at the cheaper end of the metal cutting saws (clarke do 1 for about £176) so this sort of thing might be more suitable. Have a good look at the blade supports on any machine you may think of purchasing they are probobly the must important part for accurate cutting.

Chris.

Reply to
rack2000