ER hex collets?

Does anyone make ER collets to hold hex bar?

I don't think it's impossible, though they'd probably have to have 12 slots rather than 16 - but then some small ER collets only have 12 slots anyway.

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Hi Peter ...I have been using the standard round bore ER25 's to hold Hexagon bar for a long time now with no apparent problems...but obviously this does not answer your question ...I am fairly certain Square bore collets can be obtained but as to Hexagon ones...I am not so sure..Try this site...

Al the best for now, John.

Reply to
john.morton22

Hi,

no luck there, but it's an interesting site.

Apropos making some collets and/or adaptors, how do you make a hexagon-shaped hole?

-- Peter Pairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

With a hexagonal drill of course...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

You know that lathe that was posted some time ago making hexagonal bar out of round stock? You put the flycutter on the inside of the hole instead of the outside.

Alternatively, wouldn't you use a wobbly broach?

Reply to
rsss

In article , Tony Jeffree writes

You can do it with a pentagonal drill....

David

Reply to
David Littlewood