Hex shank tooling in ER style collets?

Other than buying small diameter ER style collets and having someone EDM out a hex pattern, does anyone know of a source for ER style collets to
hold hex shank tooling?
--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Joe, Not that I know of, here is a discussion that may shed some light on your question:
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/53137-Holding-hex-stock-in-ER32-collet
I know they make square drive collets for taps, can you buy tools with a square shank?
Best, Steve
On 1/2/2013 4:50 PM, Garlicdude wrote:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/53137-Holding-hex-stock-in-ER32-collet

Steve,
No option to go square. Actually need to hold a soft hex shaped material...
--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:55:20 PM UTC, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Draw a circle and put a hex in it so that the corners touch the circle. You get 6 D shapes (ignore the inside of the hex). If you pad the hex shank with 6 of these you can use a standard collet.
DanP

Slit a 6 point deep socket into 3 sections using a thin cut off wheel in a surface grinder and chuck it into standard collet.
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:10:44 PM UTC-6, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Check with MariTool to see if they can make a special, or recommend someone who can make a special.
On 1/7/2013 10:25 AM, No Joe wrote:

I have a source to make them... I was hoping to find an off-the-shelf option somewhere.