fat pipe

Anyone know where to find any?
I'm looking for summat like 18" dia by 18" long, 2 off.
dia is variable up to a point, 16" or 20" might be OK too.
I'm trying to make a motorised roller - got an engine from an old mower. I have in mind to make hollow rollers which can be filled with water when needed for extra weight. Might add an eccentric so it'll vibe, too.
message

Here across the pond these things are generally made from old air or water tanks. Old water heater tanks are pretty easy to come by.
Don Young Alabama, USA
Don Young wrote:

I made mine from a 19kg-size propane gas cylinder
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.
Austin Shackles wrote:

You really need 2 eccentrics rotating in opposite directions and timed so that the horizontal vibrations cancel but the vertical ones add. The weights need to be together at the top and bottom but when one's at 3 o'clock, the other's at 9 o'clock.
Large steel pipe's not so easy to get hold of since everything went to plastic. You need a fairly thick wall as well to take the mechanical forces. I made my roller many years ago and filled it with concrete. The removal company loved me when I moved house.
John
John wrote:

Is that how they work? That's interesting.
Or he could just buy one of the many excellent Dennis lawnmowers around, and use that as a roller.
Best wishes,
Chris

old cast water pipe might do the job - there was tons of it here when they replaced the pipes with plastic.
--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island