FS: 22mm Dia Steel Bars 1280mm Long

Hi

I have 20 off Steel Bars 22mm Diameter, 1280mm Long, For Sale. They were used as security bars on 2 windows on some business premises I had (I'm another victim of the recession). I've put them up on ebay as 1 lot of 20. But may split them in to smaller lots if need be.

Offers welcome.

Regards Andy

Reply to
Andy Whitfield

Unfortunately, £2500/tonne for unknown quality, second hand iron bars is way off in cloud cuckoo land.

Sorry.

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

They are not scrap! Nor am I trying to sell them for scrap. I looked on ebay and found 22mm x 1000mm new sold for £11 So mine at 1280mm (£11x1.28) =£14 if they were new.

First time I've listed them on ebay so I have a Buy-it-now of £199 (£10/bar) but will consider sensible offers. And as I said they were used for security bars in windows.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Whitfield

What Mark said was "unknown quality, second hand iron bars" which is exactly what they are. He didn't mention anything about scrap, unless my eyes deceive me.

I think the "...if they were new" is the salient point here.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I bought them new and had them installed as window bars. They were taken out after 2 years. They have not had any use since. HTH Regards Andy

Reply to
Andy Whitfield

Just got an invoice today for some EN1A Mild Steel bar I recently ordered from my stockist.

£4.45 per metre.

I bought 2 length (6 metres)

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

I checked "Metals 4U" not the cheapest but easy to get a price. £21.05 per 3m length BMS which is £215.55 for the equivalent length. Carriage free. No rust, no bits to cut off and scrap because of weld marks. So I feel that your price is well high. Interestingly black bar and rebar were both more expensive!

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

I went by the cheapest price I found on ebay for 22mm diameter bar (£11/metre). And not everyone knows the cheapest places to buy from. Might take a few listings but I'll sell them in the end.

They are black in colour. Does that make them more desirable? Andy

Reply to
Andy Whitfield

Black ususually means it's been hot rolled, and usually cheaper than cold rolled which has a bright finish.

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

With respect, its not like over priced stuff doesn't sell on ebay. IMHO, its always worth giving mugs their chance.

Fact is, these things will either sell or not. If not, then he will have to drop the price until they do.

"We" could quietly and smugly monitor this chaps ebay account and watch what happens.

Reply to
AC

They sold for £199

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Did they sell or did the listing just expire?

If they sold, I've got £400 worth of brass bar (75mm dia x 1m long) for anyone that wants it at that price...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

The listing expired - if you use the advanced search to look for 22mm steel in the completed listings you can see it.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
ferretygubbins