gas valve/tap

John Montrose wrote:

I never figured out why Grant didn't fill them with water, though.
Chris
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Me neither - filling them with compressed air at 100 psi sounds like a good way to make a bomb to me.
-- Peter Fairbrother
Anonymous. wrote:

What makes you think it is a rental cylinder?
Anonymous. wrote:

This seems a bit irrelevant to me as the company won't show up to pick up fewer than three redundant cylinders. They obviously don't care about the odd one here and there.
Chris
Anonymous. wrote:

Depends how he obtained the cylinder. I wanted one for a similar purpose, and my local scrap merchant told me he had dozens I could have for nothing.
Chris
Christopher Tidy wrote:

True.. Same around here, and the local council run tip has 100's of the things too. The latter are a bunch of Nazi's though, claim to be into recycling and yet NOTHING can leave the tip via the public! Used to be different when privately managed.
But yes as others have stated here the thread is RH and tapered, and 'Kin tight!
I recently had to remove one myself to "recycle" the cylinder and convert into a vacuum tank for my vac former.
Wayne.....
Wayne Weedon wrote:

Unfortunately, they only seem to have the big cylinders. When I've needed the cylinders for their intended purpose, I've need the pumpkin-sized ones, and have unfortunately had to pay the deposit for them.
Chris

Peter
I've undone a couple of the valves on the cylinders used in portable gas fires - they were a right hand thread. I wanted to purge them just as you do to use them as low pressure air reservoirs. I don't know about the large red propane cylinders.
Hope this helps, Toby

Many thanks Toby, Pete
pete wrote:

Hi Pete
I did this recently and it's definitely RH.
Don't do it indoors. There was a surprising amount of gas remaining even though it was "empty".
Russell