Glasses

Hi Andrew,

I've not needed that combination but Glasses4eyes have made glasses for my wife that are outside the limits specified on the website for a modest surcharge. I have been unable to find the name of the guy who runs it from old emails but he is very helpful and I'm sure would try to offer a solution.

Good Luck

Bob

Bob,

I've not found any online sources of plastic varifocals with astigmatism correction and reactolight features - do you know of one? My last pair cost a packet from Boots and it's really time for a new prescription - I'd just love to have the eye test then walk out with the prescription !

AWEM

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Andrew

Until my last test I always got my test done at Boots, but haven't bought my specs there for a long time. I take the prescription to a little place in the next town which does them for a much better price (same requirement as yours). I've never investigated getting them online though.

The 'little place' was taken over a while ago, now does their own test, apparently properly qualified and with some of his gear more up to date than Boots so last time I got the test done there. Of course, he's not quite as cheap as he was :-(

Tim

Reply to
Tim L

Thanks Bob, I've saved that url for later use !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

price

course,

Thanks for that Tim. It always amuses me when the Boots girl does the 'puff' glaucoma test on my false eye, gets no response, repeats the test then I say 'you've not read the notes have you !'

AWEMh

Reply to
Andrew Mawson