Heads up - 25% off most stuff at J&L this week

Ref the thread about reamers the other day. The J&L website was apparently not working properly the first night I tried it but a couple of days later it was ok and I got my account set up.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff online today including the reamer I wanted plus some drill bits, flapwheels and other odds and sods. By sheer lucky chance when I was speaking to one of the sales people to check something she mentioned a promotion code to me. Type that into the onscreen box while you are adding stuff to your basket and it knocks 25% off and also seems to have removed the delivery charge as well in my case at least. The only thing it didn't reduce in price was the 8.04mm reamer but it knocked 25% off their own brand Interstate 5/16 - 11/32 adjustable hand reamer, all the drill bits, flapwheels, safety goggles and helicoil inserts.

They also have 15 things on special offer today including a 0-25mm micrometer for £3.95 - about 80 left in stock. I've already got a 0-1" one but I thought sod it, for four quid I'll have a metric one too.

The promotion code is H528 and I think it expires tomorrow. It's working today anyway and orders placed before 6pm get despatched tonight. Fill your boots quick. It isn't even mentioned on the website.

A quick note on the Interstate adjustable hand reamers for anyone that uses them. They are half the Taylor and Jones price to start with and even cheaper with the 25% off. Also they take the same blades as the T&Js so the sales person told me and are cheaper than the T&J blades alone. For example. In T&J the 5/16 to 11/32 one I wanted is £38.10, the replacement blades alone are £18.90, the Interstate complete reamer is only £16.90 and with a further 25% off this week is £12.68. That's a bloody cheap way to buy a set of spare T&J blades and get a complete reamer into the bargain.

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

A cheaper option is the range of "Soba" brand adjustable reamers from Chronos. I bought one a few months ago and it performs well, although the threaded collars had to be run up and down a couple of times to free them of first.

Russell.

Reply to
Russell Eberhardt