Help needed for a blind turner

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to help out this chap who is completely blind and is being trained as a turner. http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t#510
I have no direct connection with him apart from wanting to try and help.
I have located a lathe (the Boxford I have already posted about) near me in southampton which I need to get up to Rhyl in North Wales - about 250 miles.
Does anyone know of anyone with a suitable vehicle who could help with the move as cheaply as possible. Perhaps combines with another load. It does not matter if it takes a while to get there in a few steps but it does need to be collected fairly soon (week or 2. I've not got any lifting gear but a vehicle with a tail lift should be man enough for the job.
Any offers for whole or part journey to help this guy out?
I might have a scheme to share a load to North Hertfordshire if someone can help from there on.
Thanks in advance
Bob
bobdotminchinatntlworlddotcom