Hydraulic Chucks

I've got a very nice hydrauic multi-bore collet chuck. Very useful having collets from 1/8- 2". However the chuck leaks oil. A lot. Before I venture inside to find the O ring that's died has anyone taken one apart before or even got an exploded drawing?

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles,is this a chuck you have been using or one you have aquired.The reason I`m asking is that Pratt and possibly other people made a collet chuck which used hydraulic pressure to open it only and a very powerful spring pack to close it.There is a second connection on these chucks which is for low pressure air which is designed to leak out to keep coolant etc from getting in. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark

Mark,

It's one that I've been using for some time - only the leak has got worse! It the version shown on page 16 of this catalogue

CKC54

I'm sure that I can find my way round in the end but learning from someone else's mistakes is always useful!

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping