Imperial Shim Washers

Chaps
I need a source of imperial shim washers (1 9/16"OD) of to pack out a bearing in a housing. I can track down metric shim washers but have
drawn a blank on the imperial sizes I need. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Charles

Does the "shim" characteristic mean that they are too thin for you to part off your own?

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:59:59 +0000 (UTC), "Charles Ping"

Charles Shim washer tend to be a bit undersize to allow for the radius inside the housings. Inch and nine sixteenth's is a gnat cock under 40mm Can you get these and if necessary trim a bit off with a pair of sharp sissors or snips?
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:03:09 +0100, John Stevenson

Axles pinion bearing shims or diff bearing shims?
Gearbox first motion shaft shims?
I've a few here from our old Carlton axle, what sizes do you need?
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk

Peter
The OD is 1 9/16". Don't have the ID to hand and thicknesses are as yet undecided. I think that I'll follow the JS route of manipulating metric ones - www.ondrives.com seem to have them at sensible prices.
Charles