In praise of the ceramic chip forge

Just spoken to my neighbour who is a member of the BSMEE and he said they get what is bagged as Welsh steam coal, he thought from a guy in Gloucester. He said the truck delivers about a ton once a year. He seemed to think there is a pit still mining the stuff. He also mentioned that it's advertised in Model Engineering and found the advert for one supplier is Signal Fuels snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk .

Reply to
David Billington

I have just bought 25 bags of coal delivered to my miniature railway. The bags are all 25kg and I have a mixture beans, small nuts and large nuts.

The cost was £227.50 delivered.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Peter,

Did you get your frames separated in the end. We never get a time arrange to use the OA rig.

Reply to
David Billington

I wonder if it's just steam coal - not dry Welsh.

Here's a link that explains a difference:

I'll certainly send an email to signal fuels to see what they say. Transport is the obvious problem if they're not local(ish). Thanks anyway.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Ripley in Derbyshire

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Julian,

Where are you and what size coal are you looking for?

I have 4 spare bags of beans £10 each, collect from the Trowbridge/Chippenham area.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

I'm in Warrington, but I'd like 2 or 3 tons of cobbles if possible!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian