Interact auto lube question

I am wondering if the auto lube system on the Bridgeport interact could do with either a clean or adjustment. There never seems to be much oil on the table ways, I do however get a light spray of oil from the quill on first start up, so oil must be reaching some parts. I recall these pumps are controlled from the electronics, and also have a hand plunger, my questions is can the electronics be tweaked or the lube duration be checked and/or adjusted? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob,from what I can remember the pump just pressurises the system and metering orifices are responsible for what amount reaches each area.The orifices can clog up and if you suspect that is the case it might be worth checking them.I`m sure Bridgeport power the pump all the time independent of the cnc and the control`s only involvement is actual oil level in the reservoir. i.e. you will get an alarm if the level drops below minimum.Also worth checking that the correct oil has been used.What model of Interact is it? Mark.

Reply to
mark

Many thanks, I'll give the outlets a good clean. The "Alarm" is that the machine does not function at all until the oil level is at the correct level. The oil is the correct stuff. Series 2 model. Thanks Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Hello Bob Check that after pulling the plunger up manually and reaches the full stroke that it works under power, this is controlled by the spindle motor when running. it is also worth giving it a pump by hand in between if you don't run the machine regularly, and I have just been reading a thread on CNC Zone where they say it is a good idea to replace the oil regulators after so long as they do get clogged, unless any one has any success flushing these through with any solvent cheers Colin

Reply to
colin.wildgust