Kennet Tool and Cutter Grinder

Was the construction of this ever covered in Model Engineer? I can't find anything in the listings of articles but I'm not sure that isn't my mistake!

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles P

Try this one Charles:

very much doubt if details were ever published `for free'.

Kind regards Geoff

Reply to
Geoff J

.Charles, I am not too sure to where the question will eventually lead. The Kennet comes in 2 sizes- or did. It came with most of the bigger castings already machined. Again, it came with full size drawings and the notes for construction.

Whilst MEW is not quite the flavour of the month, I am aware that bits and bobs to supplement MES's original words and music have appeared.

To answer the unasked question- Yes- somewhere. To answer another unasked question, I was at the Harrogate Show a few score moons ago and Arnold Throp was using his. The other unasked question was about the Quorn also from MES and 'Yes' he built one of these as well.

And 'Yes', I have both items- somewhere. Drifting on a bit, I have a fabricated Stent- and a Clarkson. I do know where they are!

Cheers- from an expelled member of the Quorn_Users Group

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Dare we ask why?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Of course, you can. Remember the immortal words of that great American humourist O.Henry?

Cheers

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Can't say I do, but I'm sure you will elucidate

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Others here may be of a somewhat timid and nervous disposition. Rather like the Quorn_owners Group, I suppose.

Err, umm

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Tony

"Again I repaired to the park and sat in the moon shade. I thought and thought, and wondered why none could tell me what I asked for."

"The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate".

"Write what you like; there is no other rule."

But Tony if you have never read the words of William Sydney Porter then I guess you will "go home in the dark" as no one will have "turned up the light".

Personally I haven't read much and what I have was disappointing but, of course, that is my failing.

Regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Geoff and Norm

Thanks for that. I have the plans, the castings and the usage instructions but a build series doesn't exist - which is odd in my mind but there you go. Never mind, I've just bought a Union TC grinder so I doubt that the Kennet will get done anytime soon!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Oh, all right then! Mr Henry's secretary was being plagued by a caller over the phone. Henry kept saying 'Give him an evasive answer' Finally, she said' Mr Henry, what is an evasive answer?' 'Oh, tell him to

Damn, I forgot the punch line

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Something to do with sex and travel was it?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree