Lindsey Model Society - Stowmarket

Hello all, A photo about this club appears in issue 4245 of ME. Did not know there was a club in Stowmarket, provided it's Suffolk and not in some other county. Does anyone have an address please? I'm on the Suffolk/Norfolk border, so easy reach for me. Cheers GeoffH

Reply to
GeoffH

Geoff

Lindsey is a small village just outside Hadleigh - I suppose you could call it Stowmarket if you were looking at proximity to mainline railway stations. Multimap link here:

Charles

Charles Ping

In message , GeoffH writes

Geoff, The Southern Fed Directory lists the Society but say that they have no permanent track facilities and no address is given.

You might try giving the Chairman / Directory Editor (for the Southern Fed) a call - Brian Thompson - 01920 830629.

He should have contact details.

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale

Thanks Charles. I see what you mean. About equal distance to Norwich club. GeoffH

Reply to
GeoffH

Hello Pat, Thanks for the reply.

Strange. Would anyone like to comment on the photo in ME Issue 4245 page 466? The track looks fairly permanent to me, unless it's only put down for their AGM. But then the caption does say "shunting", so could be temporary.

Thanks. He could no doubt help with the Ipswich track that no longer appears in Club Diary. GeoffH

Reply to
GeoffH

In message , GeoffH writes

Geoff, The S.Fed directory states that Lindsey Soc. have portable track facilities only.

Ipswich are listed as having a track at "The rear of 543 / 545 Foxhall Road, Ipswich". It is listed as being on private ground.

Sadly the S.Fed directory doesn't list any contact details for any Society - presumably because such details are subject to change.

Occasionally local libraries can help with secretary or contact details.

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale