http://www.horseshoes.com/supplies/alphabet/georgiafarriersupply/en-us/dept_37.html
Might be a bit oversize...
Dave
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:54:40 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Likely so, however I suspect Joe needs them for something *other* than fingernails.
By strange coincidence I happen to live near Georgia Farrier Supply and was going to offer to swing by and take measurements... Until I noticed the price! Better sit down and swallow whatever you happen to be drinking before clicking on the links above.
--
William

Yep. Too large. :(

Yep. I want to remove moles from my family for a fee. <grin>

I'd pay for a good quality, properly sized tool.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

OK, now I'm dyin' to know what it's for...
Dave

If you find me one, I'll tell you. :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

I needed a mismatched hub and rim once. I had these guys make the spokes to fit. http://www.buchananspokes.net /
Doesn't answer your DIY question, but at least it's an option.
Wayne D.

The only "simpler solution" I see would be a spherical cutter (to make the dimple into a sphere of some standard radius) in conjunction with a spherical-head nipple. The spherical cutter (just a custom-ground drill) is relatively easy, and some machine shops with NC lathes could turn the special nipples out easily enough.
I suspect the washer solution would leave you with a nipple that has high stress (and fractures) or with a nipple that finds the center of the dimple with its head, and the center of the hole with its shaft, and STILL points wrong.
The aimed-drill idea doesn't always take math, you might be able to put a laser pointer in the drill press chuck, and align a rim-clamp jig using that.