Making alloy tent poles

Is it possible to buy the tubing to make alloy tent poles - needs to be reasonably flexible... some sites talk about "T6" alloy - is this a recognised standard? I can make the ends up myself (he says...)

Reply to
Robin

The T6 referes to the temper grade, for example a commom Al alloy is 6061 which has the following temper grades:

Temper Process Tensile(PSI) Yield(PSI) T0 fully annealed aluminum

18,000 8,000 T4 Solution heat treated and naturally aged 35,000 21,000 T6 Solution heat treated and artificially aged 45,000 40,000

6061-T6 and 6082-T6 are very commom.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

In message , Robin writes

You don't specify any dimensions but you might be surprised by the range of metal stock at your local B&Q

Reply to
Mike H

...but you will be by the price!

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Get down to decathlon, or an archery supplier and buy some easton 707

alloy arrows. ( i think they are usually 'gold' or orange) thats th tube you need :)

hth

Dav

-- small.plane

----------------------------------------------------------------------- small.planes's Profile:

this thread:

small.planes

Thanks, guys - I'm sure it would be cheaper than buying them ready made up...

Reply to
Robin

Sorry, Robin- and no intention of robin you of your pole-sorry, post!

Dave, Decathlon is a French firm- Quechua- et ca.

Ou est en Angleterre?

Merci, mille fois.

Norm

Reply to