Manual or Service Info sought for Myford lathe

Hello All,

I am new to this group and new to owning a lathe (although I have used lathes many years ago).

I have just bought a Myford M-Type which is apparently very similar to a Drummond M-Type. Mine was build in 1948 and is serial number J5233.

I am looking for any information on it so that I know what bits to lubricate and what to lubricate it with. I see that Tee Publishing have some info for the Drummond M-Type and wondered whether that would be useful on a Myford M-Type? - Unfortunately Tee are not sure themselves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards Martin

Reply to
eskimobob

Martin

I *might* be able to provide a copy of a Drummond M type manual although it's some years since I owned one. I'll have a look. However there's a useful and friendly Drummond Yahoo group at

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Found it and have emailed you a copy. Shout if it gets lost

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Thank you very much Charles, received and printed - It looks ideal and already, several of the odd looking bits in the various boxes have names...!

Very kind of you to send that to me.

All the best Martin

Reply to
eskimobob

CHARLES,

I TOO HAVE RECENTLY AQUIRED A MYFORD M TYPE LATHE. IT NEEDS A STAND AN VARIOUS BITS BEFORE IT WILL BE COMPLETE. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE COPY OF THE MANUAL FOR ANY HELP THAT IT COULD BE TO ME.

ALL THE BEST KEV.

Thank you very much Charles, received and printed - It looks ideal and already, several of the odd looking bits in the various boxes have names...!

Very kind of you to send that to me.

All the best Marti

-- KEV POP

----------------------------------------------------------------------- KEV POPE's Profile:

this thread:

KEV POPE

Hi there i too would greatly appreitiate a copy of the myford m type lathe manual, i have searched the net and yours seems to be the only copy out there. If i could trouble you my email address is snipped-for-privacy@sky.com Regards Adrian.

url:

adrian morgan

Why not join the Myford lathes group on Yahoo

All the manuals are in the files section.

John S

Reply to
John Stevenson