Manual or Service Info sought for Myford lathe

Hello All,
I am new to this group and new to owning a lathe (although I have used
lathes many years ago).
I have just bought a Myford M-Type which is apparently very similar to
a Drummond M-Type. Mine was build in 1948 and is serial number J5233.
I am looking for any information on it so that I know what bits to
lubricate and what to lubricate it with. I see that Tee Publishing
have some info for the Drummond M-Type and wondered whether that would
be useful on a Myford M-Type? - Unfortunately Tee are not sure
themselves.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best Regards
Martin
Reply to
eskimobob
Martin
I *might* be able to provide a copy of a Drummond M type manual although it's some years since I owned one. I'll have a look. However there's a useful and friendly Drummond Yahoo group at
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
Found it and have emailed you a copy. Shout if it gets lost
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
Thank you very much Charles, received and printed - It looks ideal and already, several of the odd looking bits in the various boxes have names...!
Very kind of you to send that to me.
All the best Martin
Reply to
eskimobob
CHARLES,
I TOO HAVE RECENTLY AQUIRED A MYFORD M TYPE LATHE. IT NEEDS A STAND AN VARIOUS BITS BEFORE IT WILL BE COMPLETE. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE COPY OF THE MANUAL FOR ANY HELP THAT IT COULD BE TO ME.
ALL THE BEST KEV.
Thank you very much Charles, received and printed - It looks ideal and already, several of the odd looking bits in the various boxes have names...!
Very kind of you to send that to me.
All the best Marti
-- KEV POP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KEV POPE's Profile:
this thread:
KEV POPE
Hi there i too would greatly appreitiate a copy of the myford m type lathe manual, i have searched the net and yours seems to be the only copy out there. If i could trouble you my email address is snipped-for-privacy@sky.com Regards Adrian.
url:
adrian morgan
Why not join the Myford lathes group on Yahoo
All the manuals are in the files section.
John S
Reply to
John Stevenson