ME Exhibition @ Olympia Postponed

I understand that the Model Engineering Exhibition due to be held at Olympia at the end of December 2006 has been postponed to a date as
yet not revealed. So if you were travelling be aware.
AWEM
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:58:21 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

Why?
Not that I had any thought of going. Went to London earlier this year, once in 10 years is enough these days ;-)
Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

at
Reading between the lines I think it can be summed up as 'lack of commercial viability' but I could be wrong.
AWEM
It's certainly not on the list of events at the Olympia website. Seems
shame, especially as they made such a fuss about the change of venue
-- Myford Mat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?uf19 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tY534
I have just checked Olympia website and it is not listed .
Martin P

Andrew Mawson writes .............

I hope you are wrong!
They were selling tickets on the 'phone as recently as last Thursday; I purchased two!!!
At least it won't be crowded.
Mike
--
Mike Whittome
Help the Able - no one else does.

At least you can go out now for a drink on New Years Eve instead of having to argue with some twonk on why that 23,765 piece set of TiN coated drill for 9.99 is made in China and not by Dormer. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Apologies if this is a repeat, but further details are here,
http://www.eco.co.uk/ECO/main.nsf/WebPages/DF4C2243887ADC5E8025718400345219?opendocument
The gist is,
The Model Engineer Exhibition has been postponed until after the New Year.
Entries already received will be retained for the revised dates.
For those who have booked advanced tickets, these bookings will be carried forward, although refunds will be given. Please address requests for refunds to:
Magicalia Media Ltd Berwick House 8-10 Knoll Rise Orpington Kent BR6 0EL
My question would how long to they propose to 'retain' entries and under what conditions they be stored?
MH
On 19-Nov-2006, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

http://www.eco.co.uk/ECO/main.nsf/WebPages/DF4C2243887ADC5E8025718400345219?opendocument
I notice that in the latest ME that the Warco ad. says that the ME Exhibition will be at Alexandra Palace on the 19th - 21st of January, presumably they have booked a stand and should know the dates. The " Smoke Ring" has a vague statement, but they would have a tight deadline for publication and would be less up to date as the advertising copy.
Regards
Brian

Exhibition will be at

booked a stand and

they would have a

advertising copy.

No Brian, that is the rival London Model Engineering Exhibition run by a different outfit altogether MMeridienne Exhibitions Ltderidienne Exhibitions Ltd
AWEM

Thanks Andrew ... I stand corrected I had forgotten about the alternative one!
Brian
Apologies if this is a repeat, but further details are here,
http://www.eco.co.uk/ECO/main.nsf/WebPages/DF4C2243887ADC5E8025718400345219?opendocument
The gist is,
The Model Engineer Exhibition has been postponed until after the New Year.
Entries already received will be retained for the revised dates.
For those who have booked advanced tickets, these bookings will be carried forward, although refunds will be given. Please address requests for refunds to:
Magicalia Media Ltd Berwick House 8-10 Knoll Rise Orpington Kent BR6 0EL
Re ME Exhibition postponement
Is this is this anything to do with Model Engineers Workshop lookin for a new Editor?
If you are interested in the job go to
http://www.journalism.co.uk/cgi-bin/webdata_pro.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=Jobs&keyval=jobs.job_id &6
-- jlh4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jlh45's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u 955 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tY534

No. The editors have little to do with running the exhibitions.
Regards, Tony