ME Exhibition @ Olympia Postponed

I understand that the Model Engineering Exhibition due to be held at Olympia at the end of December 2006 has been postponed to a date as yet not revealed. So if you were travelling be aware.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Why?

Not that I had any thought of going. Went to London earlier this year, once in 10 years is enough these days ;-)

Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

It's certainly not on the list of events at the Olympia website. Seems

shame, especially as they made such a fuss about the change of venue

-- Myford Mat

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile:

this thread:

Myford Matt

I have just checked Olympia website and it is not listed .

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reading between the lines I think it can be summed up as 'lack of commercial viability' but I could be wrong.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew Mawson writes .............

I hope you are wrong!

They were selling tickets on the 'phone as recently as last Thursday; I purchased two!!!

At least it won't be crowded.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Might not be anything to look at either. Better check on the refund policy on the tickets ..... if there is one.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Morning all

I can confirm it has been postponed - we got phoned late on friday

have not been informed as yet what the new dates are

Regards

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth - Chuk

At least you can go out now for a drink on New Years Eve instead of having to argue with some twonk on why that 23,765 piece set of TiN coated drill for £9.99 is made in China and not by Dormer.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Apologies if this is a repeat, but further details are here,

The gist is,

The Model Engineer Exhibition has been postponed until after the New Year.

Entries already received will be retained for the revised dates.

For those who have booked advanced tickets, these bookings will be carried forward, although refunds will be given. Please address requests for refunds to:

Magicalia Media Ltd Berwick House

8-10 Knoll Rise Orpington Kent BR6 0EL

My question would how long to they propose to 'retain' entries and under what conditions they be stored?

MH

Reply to
max

Apologies if this is a repeat, but further details are here,

The gist is,

The Model Engineer Exhibition has been postponed until after the New Year.

Entries already received will be retained for the revised dates.

For those who have booked advanced tickets, these bookings will be carried forward, although refunds will be given. Please address requests for refunds to:

Magicalia Media Ltd Berwick House

8-10 Knoll Rise Orpington Kent BR6 0EL
Reply to
max

Re ME Exhibition postponement

Is this is this anything to do with Model Engineers Workshop lookin for a new Editor?

If you are interested in the job go to

-- jlh4

----------------------------------------------------------------------- jlh45's Profile:

this thread:

jlh45

No. The editors have little to do with running the exhibitions.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I notice that in the latest ME that the Warco ad. says that the ME Exhibition will be at Alexandra Palace on the 19th - 21st of January, presumably they have booked a stand and should know the dates. The " Smoke Ring" has a vague statement, but they would have a tight deadline for publication and would be less up to date as the advertising copy.

Regards

Brian

Reply to
brian

booked a stand and

No Brian, that is the rival London Model Engineering Exhibition run by a different outfit altogether MMeridienne Exhibitions Ltderidienne Exhibitions Ltd

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks Andrew ... I stand corrected I had forgotten about the alternative one!

Brian

Reply to
brian