Mitsubishi Inverter question

I normally use Siemens Inverters but have recently acquired a Mitsubishi E520 1HP inverter. I'm testing on a 1hp 3phse motor loaded with an 18" fan. It seems to work ok but irrespective of set speed there is a constant frequency medium pitch whine from the motor which is quite audible up to the point there the motor and fan noise dominates.

Does anyone have experience of these inverters? Is this noise normal? The same motor run on a Siemens Micromaster inverter does not make this noise.

Any info gladly received.

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob What you can hear is the 'carrier' frequency from the inverter; some inverters can be programmed to alter the frequency in case the preset frequency excites a resonance in the motor, if this is available on this model, try adjusting up 1KHz or so to see if it quietens down. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Thanks Martin,

I'll have a wade through the manual and see if the frequency is a programmable feature.

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob, You need to alter Parameter setting 72 -- PWM Carrier It's adjustable from 0 to 15 which equates to 0.7kHz to 14.5kHz factory setting is 1

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Thanks John,

I'll give that parameter a tweak and see what happens.

I see there is also another parameter -240 Soft PWM- that is supposed to soften the tone and make it less metallic.

Marvellous what you can find when you RTFM!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin