Motorcycle Sump

Can anybody help me? I have recently purchased an 04 Kawasaki ZX10r engine to fit into my sidecar outfit. A new oil sump needs to be machined from 30mm Aluminium billet plate to keep the engine low in the chassis. I have the old original sump (which is 4" deep), and have scanned an outline of the face of it. Would there be anybody interested in making me one, or pointing me in the right direction? the dimensions are approx 175mm x 260mm. Thanks Roger.

Reply to
Roger

Don't sound too difficult, want to post me a sketch?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Remember that motorbikes don't have sumps baffled to take oil surge into account given they lean into corners but you'll have to do this for a sidecar setup unless you've also gone to a dry sump system. I take it the missing oil capacity from the shallower sump is going to be accounted for somewhere else like a separate tank?

Reply to
Dave Baker