Myford Ml4

Hi Im wondering if any one can help me I have a lovely littal lathe
myford ML4 Im looking for any info at all on it what so ever just woul
be very handy to have.thanks for your help.jyss :
--
jys
jyss's Profile:

jyss
Hello Jyss
have a look here:
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Hi Peter thanks for that but I found that befor and yes ver
intresting.Im more wonting hand book info gearing ect but Im ver pleased with your help thank.jys
-- jys ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jyss's Profile:
this thread:
jyss
As Peter rightly informs, his lathes reference is important. Regarding gearing, the ML4 has a leadscrew which is compatible with the later 7 series. You buy 20DP gears and get on with it! If you want a manual, the stock answer is- you ain't going to get one. If you want spares and accessories, tough! You are going to have to make them yourself. If you want designs etc, then you might have to wait. One of the Forums is trying to get Martin Cleeve stuff on the net. If you are impatient, you are welcome to plough your way through endless Model Engineers dating back to 1955- or volunteer to assist to put this still valuable information onto the net.
This is not intended to be churlish. I am scanning articles from here in England out to Australia and comments are coming in from California. It is as complicated as that. With luck, the other articles on restoring a ML4 will have to be unearthed and so on.
Norman
jyss wrote:
Reply to
ravensworth2674
keep an eye on the industrial tools section of e-bay, parts d
occaisionally come up.even complete lathes appear, if you could get a incomplete one you could canibalise it for spares
-- bolma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:
this thread:
bolmas
Hi bolmas I thank you very much for the info on the ML4 I live in the u
and find it very hard to find any thing on it but the leadscrew info wa handy its a lovely littal lathe and I intent makeing meny handy part for it.thanks again you can never get to much info on something lik this.thanks once more.jys
-- jys ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jyss's Profile:
this thread:
jyss
I have a scanned copy of the user manual that came with an ML4 in .pd
format, if you require it please contact me
-- upsilo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- upsilon's Profile:
this thread:
upsilon
Whilst I don't have a ML4, am currently engaged in trying to get lathe information which could be lost onto the Internet. Currently, I have most of Engineering in Miniature articles belonging to the late Kenneth C Hart( aka Martin Cleeve) scanned and I believe are on or ready to go.
Therefore, I would be pleased to pass it on- and thank you for your fine gesture.
Norman
upsil> I have a scanned copy of the user manual that came with an ML4 in .pdf
Reply to
ravensworth2674
Thank you norman any info at all is very handy.jys
-- jys ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jyss's Profile:
this thread:
jyss
ML4 in .pdf
Hi Im a new member and I also have a Myford ML4 lathe. Is there any chance you could let me have a copy of the manual you mention please. Cheers Jez1965
Reply to
jez1965
Hi upsilon sorry to jump on the band wagon, would it be possible to e-mail me a copy of the ML4 manual Thanks
Reply to
jonathan1
How do you jump on a band wagon two years after it's gone past you?
:-|
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
You wait for the band to reform after they have run out of money.....
Reply to
Cliff Ray
Join a web feed to the archives, and then run *really fast* before jumping...
Dave
Reply to
dave sanderson
If you prefer a cheap imitation you could always wait for a tribute band to form.
Cliff Coggin.
Reply to
Cliff Coggin
I picked up this thread again.
The manual on the ML4 disappeared with the demise of a Myford forum. The 'Cleeve' stuff which went onto the net was removed because of copyright problems and a vicious threat of litigation by Model Engineer. Fairly recently I sent quite a bit of other ML4 stuff to readers in Model Engineering Clearing House about feed screw replacement.
Ah well, that's show biz
Norman
Reply to
ravensworth2674
The ML4 material re-appeared in the files section of the new Myford forum:
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
The question which seems to come up repeatedly to my ancient and septic mind is whether anyone actually completes the restoration of ancient tooling after all this effort of going to print.
Do they expire or simply offload their problem onto someone else?
Regards
Norman
Reply to
ravensworth2674
BugBear
Reply to
bugbear
Given what's just happened to Yahoo groups I'm doubtful if it will be much seen.
Richard
Richard Shute