Myford |ML7 Rebuild

I received and installed the Adams drip feed lubricators today, and am delighted to say they work superbly. The needle valve lever is chunkier and less elegant than the originals as you can see here:

The locking nut is also a bit fiddly reach, but once set the flow rate seems to be constant. The spring closures on the oil filling points are a match for the originals, and infinitely better than the flimsy slides on the current Myford offering. I can recommend them to anybody needing to fit new lubricators.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Are the the same as mine Steve? If so then just keep unscrewing the valve and the the whole thing will lift out, as the whole thing just clamps together via this.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I'm surprised that you didn't use the linings out of your pocket and put them to some use ..

John S.

Reply to
John S

IIRC the domes unscrew off the central tube once you've removed the adjuster nut for the valve lifter,

The gasket will probably be damaged in the process and there is a real risk that the dome will crack. This is why my ML7 currently has one done type and one brass roofed type...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I didn't realize they had linings. Hard to tell when the pockets are sewn shut :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Perhaps my extensive collection of clothes dryer lint has a use after all?

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Wonderful, Peter. This really detailed stuff is great for those of us getting into the joys of swarf. The ml7 manual is a bit, er.... succinct. Thanks, H

Reply to
harold

The ML7 has been sold and is now in its new home.

Thanks go to Bob Minchin who put the purchaser in touch - ta Bob.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Lovely job! I think it was a steal at the price after that much effort in the rebuild. A friend once did that to a Colchester Student including the OE spec paint and every badge replaced but I think his OCD was getting the better of him.

I did get a bit narked with all the [it's] when what was required was an [its] but then I'm also rather OCD in the spelling department. I have another friend who thinks that every usage of the word [its] requires an apostrophe whether it means 'it is' or the possessive and is totally unable to grasp the difference so I've given up trying to explain.

Reply to
Dave Baker

My pleasure Peter. I think your lathe has gone to a new home where it will continue to get the care that you have lavished upon it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Dave You could point him to

Bill Lamond

Reply to
William J Lamond

Problem with that idea is, the possessive of "it" used to be "ites"...

So according to that page "it's" as the elided possessive is technically acceptable. And Dave's friend is correct!

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

The message from Peter Fairbrother contains these words:

Peter, You could well be correct, I am no expert on the English language, so to save face I can only quote from the bottom of the second page

"English is a living language, and all such languages contain irregularities. One which is relevant to apostrophe usage is it's and its. It's is short for it is or it has as you see in the table above. Its means belonging to it, as in "It's probably spun off its neck by now". If you are uncertain which to use, say it in full, e.g. "The world spins on it is axis" is plainly silly, so one should use its rather than it's."

Bill Lamond

Reply to
William J Lamond