Myford ML7 tumbler reverse

OK! I was wrong! The cluster gear on mine is the same size as the forward tumbler, and the reverse tumbler is indeed an idler. Pardon my major brain fart!

Steve R.

Reply to
Udie

More to the point, Steve, how are you making out with your flooded workshop? Sounds disastrously sad!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

It's dried out again. I still cant find the leak in the roof from the outside. The workshop is an addition on the side of the house. Really heavy rain run off the house so fast that the workshop roof floods, and leaks. We had more rain in a week, than is normal for two months. It was worse two years ago, when a small (in area) storm dumped six inches in an hour. I live on the south end of the west coast of Vancouver Island, and they don't call this a rain forest for nothing!

There are other workshop hazards here. A few days ago, I went over to a friends house. Returning twenty minutes later, to find a large male black bear sitting near my front door! It took some doing to scare it away.

Steve R.

Reply to
Udie

Steve told us about his workshop........

I am pleased to hear that, I hope the damp that it does not cause the dreaded metal mould to appear! Mind you it might just be a good way to get rid of the swarf.

I never realised that Model Engineering could be so exciting! That is if you are not telling us bear faced stories. :)

Stay fit,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Bears and cougars are common here! When I visited my relatives around Halesworth Suffolk, it was clear that we had very different ideas about the definition of the words "rural" and "remote".

Steve R.

Reply to
Udie

You really made me jump when you mentioned bears! I thought, what part of GB are YOU in?! Had to go and look at the file properties to learn the truth :)

I had this leaking workshop roof problem here in the west country for years till recently, when it all got TOO much. I found a Swedish firm who make pressed steel sheet (looks like roof tiling) and got a few sheets from their UK depot. Brilliant stuff, if expensive, though I guess a proper tiles-on timbers-roof could have cost the same. Put it on single handed - just! I added some more slope to the "rafters", excuse the description! Actually added several hundred percent to their almost non-existent strength as well! The sheets were fastened by self-cutting screws with integral sealing washers, using a socket on the electric drill.

Roof is now 100% watertight and storm-proof.. I still keep the dehumidifier going, but whereas it was 100% duty cyle before, now its on just a couple of hours a day, running lightly, to get rid of the moisture I breathe out when I hit my fingers, or swear at the lathe....

Dave.

Reply to
speedy2

I am a bit tired of all the American politics on rec.crafts.metalworking, and subscribed to this group. We have enough constitutional constipation here in Canada! In any case, my roots are in the UK. My father was born in Walpole Suffolk, and both maternal grandparents were British.

Steve R.

Reply to
Udie