New adverts web page

Bickering will not be tolerated. At least not until the cheque has cleared

Frankly I'm amazed at the references to any upsets, having read and used the list, both ways as a buyer and seller, including cynical trader, I never got that impression or even heard anything that way.

Whether this was aimed at Chris's site or just the ads page I have no idea.

Ads are coming thru and should be updated for a Monday start. Bear with us there are bound to be glitches..........................

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Airy R.Bean

You are the one who abuses anything and everybody - get back in my kill file.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

JUST WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.

Someone is attempting to provide something for the benefit of everyon else and you have taken the opportunity to post a personal insult t one of these people.

I've looked back through previous posts and see that you frequentl accuse people of poor behavior just because they don't agree with you

You win first prize for "infantile outbursts" if quantity of posts wit that phrase in is anything to go by.

You also can't seem to make your mind up on your own name.My prope name and email is in my profile.

You even jumped in on one of my posts to berate "Blackgates" who several people I know have had good dealings with and no problems.

Alla

-- Allan Waterfal

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Allan Waterfall's Profile:

this thread:

Allan Waterfall

Whoops, Ive done it again.

I was referring, to Adrian Godwinn's reply to Andrew Mawsons thread "Chris Heapy", and didn't read it again properly. He quoted the astronomy site, and said Chris was reportely fed up with the hassle of the his own site.

I assumed, probably quite wrongly that he was still having trouble trying to sort out private from dealer ads. Apologies for misleading anybody.

Please ignore my "bickering statement", and put it down to old age, or idiocy.

The rest was meant as thanks and compliments.

Best Regards,

Tom.

Nunce, etc, and it's just come back and hit me.

Frankly I'm amazed at the references to any upsets, having read and used

Reply to
Tom Jacobs

Maybe Mr Bean has actually forgotton his name !

Mix up the letters a bit and any one of these would probably do just a well.

BAN AIR REY BAIRN Y ARE NEARBY IRA I YEARN BRA EAR ANY RIB AIRY BE RAN

Phi

-- pgp00

----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp001's Profile:

this thread:

pgp001

I only know what was posted in the astronomy ng.

Personally, I've had only excellent deals through those ads, but I guess some people who were less satisfied have whinged, without any justification, at Chris. That sort of thing gets to you after a while ..

BTW, there's no obvious way on the new site to edit an existing ad. I realise this causes some problems, but it's very useful to be able to either withdraw an ad, or mark it 'sold'. Will this be possible ?

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

Good Point. Lets cross that bridge when we come to it. In the meantime an email to snipped-for-privacy@homeworkshop.org.uk will suffice.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Hi Charles, Will you be giving each ad a serial number so we can refer to them easily especially when requesting you to edit/delete?

Can I add my appreciation t the stream of other for your and the cynical trader's efforts.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob

If the volume becomes big enough to warrant a sophisticated method like urn's then we'll use them. However the venture will only float if there is a steady flow of ads and people know about it so tell people and post an ad!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Thanks Mark.

Reply to
John Smith

Chris has apparently returned, and there are a few ads posted for January.

However, he seems to have turned the astroads over to a guy who started a replacement site : I don't whether he wants to do the same with the model engineering ads.

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

Really? I just looked & the most recent ad I can see is still 16th December.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Tony,

I am getting 22 January - about a dozen ads. Could your machine be reading a cache perhaps? Mine was to start with!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Yes, there are now January 2005 and December 2004 headings on the page. (though the December listing has nothin later than 16th). Maybe something to do with your ISP's cache ?

You can get there directly via

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Thanks - yes, it must have been a cached page - a few clicks on the refresh button fixed the problem.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I would guess he wants rid of it based on this comment at the top of the page...

'The least I can do then is to continue for the next 6 months or until I can pass the task over to someone else, with a suitable redirect to another site ahould it be necessary. '

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Charles Ping and myself have contacted Chris to see if we can take over the running of the page. We have had an alternative site up now for about a week and other than a few hiccups our end with the adverts coming in it seems OK. Charles has been working on it over the weekend sorting the scripting out and it seems a lot better. At the end of the day the decision is up to Chris, what we don't want to do is run two pages as that won't help anyone.