NIPHAM plugs & sockets

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 22:30:40 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Mawson"

That makes Heidenhain connectors look like a bargain!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

That's about the last place you should be looking!

I'll ask our wholesale rep on Monday or maybe today if they are in.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Dinse connectors, Just don't admit to using them...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Peter that would be very kind

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Gewiss 125A 4p Trailing Socket £44.70 less 25% plus VAT Gewiss 125A 4p Trailing Plug £36.90 less 25% plus VAT Gewiss 125A 4p Wall Socket £49.00 less 25% plus VAT Gewiss 125A 4p Wall Plug £40.30 less 25% plus VAT

or 128.90 plus VAT

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Peter,

Many thanks, can you please put me in touch with him.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I have emailed you with Nick Butterworth's mobile number. To get the discount you may have to buy it through us, but we can sort that out.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Andrew

I have been turning the house, garage and shed over looking for this

3Ph plug. We have had a new garage built this year and early in the summer I had to dump some bits I had squirrelled away as I had no room in the shed or loft to store all the kit I had in the old garage- I do not remember throwing the plug away but I cannot now find it - thus I must have done (getting old, memory's going!!!!!). Sorry not to e mail you go news.

If it does turn up I will try to get in touch.

Best regards & Happy Christmas

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Andrew

I have been turning the house, garage and shed over looking for this

3Ph plug. We have had a new garage built this year and early in the summer I had to dump some bits I had squirrelled away as I had no room in the shed or loft to store all the kit I had in the old garage- I do not remember throwing the plug away but I cannot now find it - thus I must have done (getting old, memory's going!!!!!). Sorry not to e mail you go news.

If it does turn up I will try to get in touch.

Best regards & Happy Christmas

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

remember

news.

Dave,

It was very kind of you to look - much appreciated.

The esteemed Peter Forbes being the gentleman he is, has come up with an excellent solution for me and things are in hand for which many thanks to Peter !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I have received much help over the years from this newsgroup and its members, so it is nice to be able to return the favour every now and then.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

I heartily agree with that. I've only been here about 5 months or so, and it's probably the most useful NG I've seen, with a lot of well informed yet modest people. Whilst we're on the subject, a big thank you to Charles Ping who kindly let me borrow his lathe and donated his time the other day, and I now have the new leadscrew for the Myford turned up & ready to fit.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I'd like to add my name to that sentiment. I access many Internet groups on a daily basis but this group is unique in the ability and willingness of it's contributor's to offer sound and reliable help and advice and the (almost) total absence of childish and disruptive behaviour.....long may it last.

...and a merry Christmas to all our readers. --

Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) ..."There must be an easier way...!"

Reply to
christopher

With the cost of these plugs I'm surprised your not hard wiring the installation, a terminating cable gland would only cast about £ 20. How often are you going to disconnect / reconnect the cable ? If it's properly terminated it takes less than ten minuets to disconnect a cable, and only a little longer to put it back.

Regards

Jonathan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Mawson" Newsgroups: uk.rec.models.engineering Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:35 PM Subject: NIPHAM plugs & sockets

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Plugs etc are here, can you email me with your home address or wherever you want them, I'll get them off by Amtrak.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Peter - what a nice man ! - you have mail

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It's been collected, should be with you tomorrow, it's on an overnight service.

We have repacked the plugs as they were in rather large individual boxes. We've kept them for now just in case...

Peter

Prepair Ltd

overnight

Thanks Peter - looks like electrical works will be going on over Christmas - anyone know a good divorce lawyer AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In article , Andrew Mawson writes

I certainly do.

The one my first wife used... :^(

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Andrew

I did not throw the 3Ph plug - have just found it when clearing out a old cupboard. The plug has a label stating Walther as the manufacturer, 125A-6h (rating?), 230/400V, type 279. Has various other little symbols as well as CE mark and a two filled in droplets (is this IP rating?). It has five main pins on a PCD with a smaller center pin. Appears to have never been used!

Are you still interested, if so I would only be looking for cost of postage plus a small contribution to my ME metal fund or cost of a couple of beers. What do you think? E mail me back and I will find out the postage cost.

Best regards

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave