NIPHAM plugs & sockets

Anyone got any Nipham N12277B series heavy current three phase plugs and sockets kicking around?

I >>think

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Apparently now known as 'C4A' (flange socket) 'C4S' (Plug) 'C4R' (Flange plug) and 'C4J' (Cable socket) and rated only at a measly

100amps / 500 volts

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

But that's only design current. Factor in the safe overload and you will be good for 300 amp.

From my old trunking trick days a threpney bit behind the cold start should get you the extra amps :-)

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

message

Yes Peter but they want nearly £300 EACH !!!!!!!! hence the question

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

LPA Industries:

N1212B for the C4S, N1277B for the C4J, N1226B for the C4A N1300B for the C4R.

01799 513733 Fax 513710 They took over Clang Niphan back in the 1970's.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Probably be a pound coin nowadays. There's inflation for you.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Nothing like a spot of Cockney rhyming slang ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

start

Can you hear Bow Bells in Long Eaton ?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In article , Andrew Mawson writes

'Course they can. They've pinched 'em to melt down for scrap.

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Andrew

...ar -- you mean the Bells are Kippered !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew,

I have a three phase RED bodied plug which was redundant from a temp set up we used at work a couple of years ago - I will have a look this weekend and send you a e mail Monday to confirm current rating (if indicated) and or size if you are still interested.

Best regards

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Andrew,

I have a three phase RED bodied plug which was redundant from a temp set up we used at work a couple of years ago - I will have a look this weekend and send you a e mail Monday to confirm current rating (if indicated) and or size if you are still interested.

Best regards

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Dave, yes please very much so -

Basically I'm running o/p from a big genny to a fixed point so really need chassis socket -> Cable plug -> cable socket -> chassis plug at

380v 150 amps 3 phase

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Do they have to be Niphan?

What's the biggest size of Euro type plug & socket? I'd expect them to be a bit cheaper if there's a suitable size.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

measly

question

Tim,

It's equipped with a Niphan o/p at the moment, but looking at the price of mating bits then the answer is almost certainly not !!!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Better to convert it to BS4343 standard connectors, a 125A three-phase plug and socket will still make your eyes water, but a bit cheaper than LPA.

We have them in our factory for the testing outlet, we use a 4-pin with 125A MCB and RCD backing it up off the main switchboard.

No spares unfortunately :-((

Peter

Peter A Forbes

three-phase plug and

Yes Peter I suspect that will be the way to go, or I may hard wire it

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

The problem is that once you get over 63A, the odds and sods tend to die away as they are too expensive to have kicking around.

Sort of people to ask around are the sparks that do exhibitions and hire plant etc., they have them for temporary hooks-ups.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Just priced the set of 4 from RS - a mere £523-60 !!!!!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

How much are 16 1/2" whit brass nuts and bolts ?