Odd Allan key size

I need to get a single Allan key, size 9/64" for occaisional use. Can anybody suggest where I can buy one as I am damned if I will buy a boxed or ringed set for the sake of one.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

I'll have a rummage round the odd assortments we have, might be one in there.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

You can buy individual keys, but often one key costs almost as much as a full set by the same maker.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

I have seen a few places that sell individual keys but none of them have stocked 9/64".

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Most sets of Allen key do not include 7/64 or 9/64 sizes both of which are standard American sizes. Chrons do individual sizes but at 85p for a 9/64 but you would have difficulty in meeting their min order 15 pounds! Having just woken my Super 7 from 18 years hibernation I needed some Allen keys for it since I am very untidy I prefer to keep a set of the relevant sizes with each machine and having browsed through their "Summer Specials" ended up in spending 134 ponds ! :-)

Usual disclaimer

Brian

Reply to
brian

Wouldn't it be close enough to use a 3.5mm one?

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

That's just water under the bridge --

Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) ..."There must be an easier way...!"

Reply to
christopher

I tried my metric keys but none fitted, though maybe 3.5mm wasn't amongst them, but that still leaves the difficulty of buying a single key. I'll probably end up grinding a 5/32" to suit.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

cliff, please e-mail me

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

i can get one in the post as soon as i get your address

-- bolma

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:

this thread:

bolmas

RS Components has individual ball ended 9/64" ones Part No 735-201 at £1.50 each + VAT - snag is their minimum pack size is 5 of them. They have several sets with that size but around £25.

Norman Billingham

Your Snapon man will have one in his van. Brian

Reply to
Brian Lambert

Chronos' website show Beargrip standard length 9/64" Allen keys are 30p each. Ball end version is 85p.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply. Website:-

Anthony Britt

I had seen them at Chronos but they have a £15 minimum order charge, and try as I might I couldn't really find anything else in their catalogue that I could justify buying at the moment. There's lots of things I would like from Chronos, but none that I need.

Thanks to bolmas I should be getting one soon.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin