Paint incompatibility

Anybody got any clues? ...
Finished the body of my 16mm loco, fabricated from copper-clad PCB and brass brazing rod.
Yesterday sprayed with lead chromate primer.
Today spread with an orange paint (intended for plastics, but the hobby shop assured me it would be OK) and as soon as the orange hit the primer, the whole thing bubbled up into hideous wrinkles.
Took me 2 hours of swabbing and sanding to get the whole mess off

not sure, sounds like incapability of oil based paints (white spirit thinned) and other strong solvent based paint
sounds like the hobby shop supplied you with cellulose or toluene based orange paint ...and you were going over oil based paint...
most car paints now in rattle cans are acrylic and go over most everything.
two pack polyester goes over most everything too.
if you were to spray on top of a paint that takes several weeks to cure.......then you would get that effect too.
all the best.markj