Got the paint

Thanks for the suggestions. One of the club members contacted a friend etc and brought one of the F units over for the color match at the
auto paint shop..
GAVE us a quart for free as well as a big can of the "proper thinner" to use 3 to 1.
I opened the can and just brushed it on some plastic stock and dang if that ain't it. Now I'm not sure who will do the painting cause when I opened the can, most of the 6 - 50+ years olds sitting around the table thought sniffing THAT can would go along with some Santana or Tower of Power very well.
Auto paints these days will killyou off quick if you breathe them for a while. All of hte commercial painters are using air masks when working with the stuff.
-- Bob May
On 3/21/2009 1:00 AM the OTHER Mike spake thus:

Tell them, from someone who's Been There, Done That, that it's highly overrated.
mostly pears.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:33:24 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Er, uh, Tower of Power or huffing thinner?
--
Steve

On 3/21/2009 1:30 PM Steve Caple spake thus:

The latter. My life would have been *so* much better had I chosen the former. (My god, those horns!)
mostly pears.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

No, man, it's, "The colors! The colors!"
--

Rick Jones

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
On 3/21/2009 3:46 PM Rick Jones spake thus:

I was talking about Tower of Power, not sniffing shit.
Sniffing shit don't make you see colors; that's stuff like pot, mescaline, LSD, etc.
mostly pears.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:09:14 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:

So, why did you go for dangerous drugs like glue and other vapors, or alcohol, or speed, instead of those safe ones?
--
Steve

On 3/21/2009 10:24 PM Steve Caple spake thus:

I was a stupid kid. It was a long time ago.
Don't worry: I suffered from a condition called hypocerebrism, an excess of brain cells. Just cut them down to normal size.
mostly pears.
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:27:19 -0800, David Nebenzahl

And how's that working out for you? A bit of overrun? -- Ray
On 3/22/2009 12:57 AM Ray Haddad spake thus:

I see your irony meter needs some calibration there.
HINT: I don't use smiley faces.
mostly pears.
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:06:00 -0800, David Nebenzahl

And your sense of humor gland needs a transplant. This place was meant to be fun, David. Enjoy. -- Ray

As a high school band director I enjoy many styles of music but I find it easier to "teach" the heavy metal types at the neighborhood bar to appreciate music with TOP and having them listen to the the split trumpet parts as well as the bari sax ( so very hard to go / you're still a young man / what is hip ).
Still can't get them to go along with Getz, but a happy medium seems to be Buddy Rich
Now older folks are coming in on weeknights just to hear the jazz ( bar ower gives me a $20 and say "just go pick out tunes to keep the better paying ( top shelf ) drinkers in here longer" and I get 3 to 1 pours. Teaching doesn't pay much, but there are added perks.
Even starting to bring in a younger crowd that likes Ella, Etta, Joe Williams, Billie Holiday and the like.
wow, I went WAY off topic here.
By the way, I did "walk off" the scenery bench about 10 years ago while pouring the swamp scene.

The tower of positive thinning, I suppose.

Bill

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:42:26 -0700 (PDT), vista bill wrote:

You'd better Peale out of here after that.
--
Steve

Don't worry, I'm back to Norman now.
Bill