97xx pannier feed - any clues?

While waiting for the Bachmann Jinty, I'm having a go at detailing an old K's (I think) condensing pannier. On some model examples on one side of the smokebox there's a casting of some kind of feed apparatus. Does anyone know if any manufacturer still makes a casting of this feed in OO? I've not had much success so far, and it looks like previous modellers made do with modified Westinghouse pumps.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Definitely not a Westinghouse pump!

The device was actually a Weir pump to feed the hot water from the tanks

- hot because the exhaust steam that was fed into the tanks to condense it heated it up quickly - into the boiler. Injectors don't like hot water, hence the need for a different form of boiler feed.

There's a very good close-up picture of the Weir pump on page 207 in Russell's Pictrial Record of Great Western Engines Vol. 2.

Mark Dickers>

Reply to
Dick Ganderton

"Dick Ganderton"

Would that it was - easier to scratchbuild...

[Snip]

Thanks. A bit more searching, and then I'll have use that reference. Ho hum.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson