Hobart Hefty wire feed

I recently acquired a HOBART HEFTY wire feed suitcase. It seems to be meant for fluxcore only. It actually works. It is CC/CV wire feed.

Does anyone know if spare parts for it are completely unavailable?

I thought to modify it to run with a Miller M-15 MIG gun, which I have but which does not fit Hobart Hefty. I have a mill, so making an adapter or boring out the hole is not too difficult.

Another advantage of this is that with a homemade adaptor, I could add a gas solenoid.

thanks

Ignoramus23665

Miller supports those boxes. Parts should be easy to get but maybe a bit pricey. All the suitcase feeders have very expensive parts.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Iggy,

The gun I gave you is a M25 that should directly fit if I'm not mistaken.

Respects,

Rob

Reply to
RDF

RDF, yes, I was talking about your gun -- and got confused and thought for a moment that it was M15. It does not fit exactly, but, I think, I can make an adaptor. The gun is awesome and I would love to put it to real use.

Thank you!

Ignoramus23665