Pardon, but your slip is showing!

Perhaps it would have been better, after all, if MEW 112 had not arrived yesterday! I am totally corrupted!! Out of interest I tried to take a look at the software mentioned in the Dick Steven and Tony Jeffree piece on 'Webcams in the Workshop'. p19.

Unfortunately, in it's bid to cut costs, the new publisher has removed half the website address - which I am sure that Tony gave them, correctly and in full. The address which I am sure he intended us to have is ..........

The address actually printed in the magazine has lost the 'software' bit. The result is that one is smoothly transported to a sort of search engine full of the addresses of willing (small w) live webcam sites. I leave the rest to your imagination. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Oops - sorry about that Mike - looks like I didn't check the manuscript carefully enough!

Never mind - must've given you a cheap thrill

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Haven't seen the article, so could be barking up the wrong tree here - but if anyone's interested in using webcams there's an excellent freeware app called Pryme:

I use this one myself, and its shareware offshoot 'Tincam'.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Thanks for the link - the trick is to find a package that allows you to overlay a static image on the video image - that way you can overlay a graticule & turn the cam into a centering device very easily. Looks like Tincam will do this (and Willing Webcam certainly does) but I couldn't tell from the Pryme page what it is capable of doing. Will try it out later.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Can't see anything in Pryme that will allow you to do this...only to add text to captured images - which could be used to add a + to the image, but for still frames only.

Tincam has an overlay feature, but I've never used it - don't know if it work in real-time.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

In message , Tony Jeffree writes