Pewter

Suggestions please as to where I can buy pewter sheet, bar, plate etc. Would I be better of buying old tankards from boot sales and eBay?

cheers

Bob

Reply to
imagedude

Alec Tiranti

used to sell it in sticks for casting. If you are planning to melt down old tankards, I guess you could use their casting sticks just as well.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

It depends what you want the pewter for, the Alec Tiranti stuff I have is Lead free pewter which is safer but in my experience less maleable and 'squeaks' when bent. It's also quite shiny and doesn't seem to take on the mellow grey of real Pewter, even in pieces I made 20 years ago.

Regards

James

Reply to
JamesC

maleable

There is a chap on eBay selling pewter ingots:

No connection with him, just happened to notice it this morning

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In addition to Titanti's see the Carn Metals web site

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net

John Ambler